All India Kisan Sangharsh Coordination Committee (AIKSCC)
Press Bulletin : 2 pm, 29 November 2020
STATEMENT OF INDIAN FARMERS
* FARMERS CONTINUE TO RALLY IN LARGER NUMBERS FROM PUNJAB AND HARYANA
* UTTAR PRADESH AND UTTARAKHAND FARMERS MOVE TO DELHI
* FARMER BODIES DECRY GOVT ATTEMPT FOR TALKS THROUGH HOME MINISTRY AND INTELLIGENCE AGENCIES – CALL FOR TALKS AT HIGHEST POLITICAL LEVEL
* FARMER BODIES CALL UPON ALL FARMER FORCES TO REACH DELHI IN LARGE NUMBERS
* APPEAL FOR SUPPORT BY ALL PRO FARMER, ANTI CORPORATE FORCES. ALL INDIA MOBILIZATIONS TO BE INTENSIFIED, PROTESTS IN STATES FROM DECEMBER 1
Farmers are united and speak in unison in their demand that the Central Government repeal the 3 anti-farmer, anti-people laws that were enacted without consultation to serve corporate interests, and withdraw Electricity Bill 2020. Farmers who have marched peacefully and resolutely to Delhi are determined in securing their demands. Farmers of Punjab and Haryana are rallying in greater numbers at Singhu and Tikri borders. From UP and Uttarakhand their moving to Delhi has begun.
- From the way the whole Dilli Chalo march has unfolded so far, farmers state that the Government has obviously not paid any attention to their demands and issues.
- Farmers of India had decided to and they organized massive protests in Delhi since the government did not heed to farmers’ protests across the country in a “Dilli Chalo” call announced in September 2020. They held numerous protests all over the country locally, while farmers around Delhi are continuing to march towards the national capital. The farmers made elaborate preparations to come into Delhi. However, they met with the repressive, inhuman, undignifying attack on them by various obstacles that the government placed in their way, with water cannon shelling, tear gas shelling, lathi charge and digging up of highways. It is the government which is to be blamed for the lack of faith and trust that the farmers have on the government.
- Instead of responding to the main demands of repealing of 3 black laws and the withdrawal of the Electricity Bill 2020, the government is doing its best to move the debate to where the farmers should camp. It is also seen that the force deployment all over the city is creating an atmosphere of terror and apprehension amongst the protesting farmers and even the people of Delhi. Barricades in the path of the farmers have not been removed even now.
- The government, if it is serious about addressing the demands of the farmers, should stop laying down any conditions (“You move to Burari Grounds in a ‘structured way’ and then we will start a dialogue the next day”), should stop assuming that the dialogue can be about “an explanation to farmers about the benefits of the Acts” and should come straight out with a proposal about the solution it is offering. The farmers are clear about their demands.
- AIKSCC has demanded that the government should stop dealing with the issue from the prism of intelligence agencies and home ministry. The Government got these statutes rammed through the Parliament and the farmers expect a response that is political, from the highest levels of the government. Its attempt to invoke Home Ministry only acts as a threat to farmers, rather than arouse confidence in its sincerity.
- AIKSCC Working Group has given a call to all farmers’ organizations to immediately mobilize farmers to Delhi to intensify this protest. It has also called upon all anti corporate, pro farmer forces to join hands and hold protests. While calling for an all India mobilization, it has called for state level protests all over the country from December 1, 2020.
- Despite some hardships and inconveniences being caused to public, farmers welcome the widespread and enthusiastic support being extended by common people in Delhi, Haryana and Uttar Pradesh.
AIKSCC salutes the spirit of farmers of Punjab and Haryana for the will they have shown to save farming communities and farming in India. Those farmers who have sacrificed their life during the movement will continue to inspire us forever. Our path for the struggle continues to remain peaceful mass assertion.