On 8th July, 2020 protests were held at all the district headquarters in Punjab by Front against Fascist Offensive which includes CPI, CPI(ML)-ND, RMPI, CPI(ML)-LIBERATION, LOK SANGRAM MORCHA, INQUILABI KENDER, MCPI(U) and INQLABI JAMHOORI MORCHA.
Protest demonstrations were held and memoranda were given to Deputy Commissioners. Protesters were addressed by leaders of participant organizations.
Demands raised in the protests included
- Lift the ban on political and mass activities.
- Withdraw all cases registered during lockdown period.
- Release intellectuals and activists falsely implicated in Bheema Koregaon case.
- Release all anti CAA-NRC activists implicated in false cases.
- Withdraw UAPA, AFSPA, NSA and all other draconian laws.
- Withdraw three ordinances related to Agriculture.
- Withdraw all changes made in Labour laws
- Give 10 000 per month to all workers including migrant workers.